I’m going to go out on a limb here and guess that you don’t care to read my laundry list of excuses as to why I’ve been a crappy blogger the past few days, so I won’t bother putting it together. The fact of the matter is I’ve got billz and shit. And a house that I occasionally clean, and a boyfriend that I occasionally pay attention to, and other such obligations. Fortunately, I have been blessed with the greatest readers in the world, because you guys actually give a shit about my life and offer to help me with things that I clearly am incapable of doing on my own. Things like designing t-shirts.
Interesting fact: my brain is so fried that I just wrote out “teachers” instead of “t-shirts” because they sounded the same when I said them in my mind. It’s that level of greatness.
So Heather came to the rescue and designed the new T-Rex Runner logo, which basically was a general classing up of the mascot I had already designed, lest it be confused for the fingerpainting of a small child.
So in my blog post revealing the new mascot, I submitted a
desperate wail brief intonation that I would be interested in having some help designing the Team T-Rex shirts themselves. My early attempts were comical at best, depressing at worst. To say nothing of the fact that for the life of me, I could not get the running shoes on the T-Rex to show up on ANY neon shirt, which by the way was the resounding winner for Team T-Rex color selections.
Not to worry – Heather ended up coming to my rescue yet again, and we’ve gone back and forth for almost two weeks now about different designs. You can tell I’ve put way too much thought into this, so please buy my shirts. Anyway, here’s the verdict:
- T-shirts will be offered for now in neon yellow and grey.
- The shirts will be a technical material.
- I haven’t decided on women’s cut shirts yet – I am waiting on a quote.
- I will be doing only one design this time around. I have more up my sleeve, but I wanted to see the response to this one first.
- I will get a quote, give y’all the price, and then take pre-orders. When your shirt comes in, it will be mailed to you by yours truly, meaning you will see my award-winning handwriting in the flesh. This is a gift in itself.
- I will do international shipping because it is totally worth it to me to think that I could one day go to another country and see this shirt on someone.
And now, without further adieu – the official shirt of Team T-Rex! In case you weren’t aware, all of you have been picked for the team! Hooray!!
These shirts are perfect for running in because you can leave people in your sarcastic dust when you blow by them on the road or the trail, especially in a race. They are perfect for me because I will not apologize for my slowness and excessive picture taking. So it works either way. Also, if you want to express your general unapologetic sass to the world, they work for that too. Perfect for housewives, grandmothers, your dog, whoever. Also good as rags for cleaning things, I’m pretty sure. And Christmas presents. And Hanukah presents. And other such gifts.
I will be getting quotes on this shirt in the next week and will then somehow figure out how to get these bad boys set up so you all can
fight to the death order them.
Leave a comment and tell me what you think! Unless you hate them. Then don’t.